Saturday, September 5, 2009

Revelation

My oldest has been my most frustrating child.  He has ALWAYS done things his own way.  Of course I love him to pieces and since this is his senior year I'm finding myself a bit sad.  My husband and I were sitting on the deck Friday night having a glass of wine and I told him how next year at this time we'd probably be brining our oldest home for the Labor Day weekend.   

Anyway, he's a swimmer and has practices a couple of mornings a week before school and every day after school.  He also is a musician and takes lessons one evening a week.   He's also just finishing up his summer lifeguarding job.  He is the kind of kid who needs to be busy, has lots of energy.  

Well this week he had a REVELATION.  During the short time he was home between swimming and music lesson he DID HIS HOMEWORK.  That way when he came home from his lesson at 9:30 he was able to relax and GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE HOUR.  The following day he told me how great this routine had worked and he thought he just might adopt it as a regular practice.

Have I not been suggesting that for the last 12 years?  Did I ever suggest that we start our homework at 10pm, realize the printer was out of ink and drive everyone else crazy.  Did I tell him calculus is so much easier to comprehend at 11pm when you barely keep your eyes open?




1 comment:

Lisa said...

better late than never??? =)

thanks for your kind words on my blog. I appreciate it!!