Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Please don't be sick

While all the moms of young children have been blogging about how excited they were to get their children back in school, I sat back smuggly.  I've been there, and now with the wisdom of years, and a son who is a senior in high school I thought 'I wish I could keep my children home forever. '

Of course I knew I couldn't, which is why I allowed myself to think that, and tomorrow they will finally all be in school all day and I've been gearing up for a day to myself.  My youngest has been coughing and sneezing for a week.  He looks a bit deformed because I have shoved a bunch of kleenexes in the pockets of his uniform shorts.  I even took him to the doctor (after school) last week.  No fever, just one of those viruses that need to run its course.  He just came downstairs to tell me he doesn't think he can go to school tomorrow.  Nooooo!!! 


No comments: