Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Please, just 15 more minutes

Those of  you with younger children know just how difficult it is to get the out of the pool when it is time to go home.  Well, if it's any consolation someday you will get your payback.  My boys were always a challenge to get out of the pool.  You know the ploys, you finally get them out and then they remember their goggles on the other side of the pool.  Of course they have to swim across the pool and then you start all over.  By then your other charges are back in the pool.

Today my youngest and I were at the pool (he had brought a buddy) and I was enjoying sitting on the patio with a friend chatting (she couldn't get any of her children to go to the pool).   After 3 hours he was ready to head out but it was such a gorgeous day I just did not want to leave.  I gave him $5, told him to head to the concession stand and let me stay another 15 minutes.  I didn't care if they spoiled their dinner, I just didn't want to go home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

sounds like something I can see myself doing!!