Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Writing --- Please

Two of my children start school next week while the other is home for another full week.  If they have to go back so early I'm glad to at least have my daughter home for another week ... she's getting fitted for point shoes, etc., etc.

Beginning this week we have the first of what will seem like an unending string of parent meetings.  This week is a sports meeting for my oldest.  I've been to a gazillion of these meetings, although this week we get to meet the new sports director.  I don't need to hear his little speech.  I know we will get to sign the parents oath of conduct and the students will sign their oath of conduct.  Which is all great but just send it home or put it on the web.  I'll get it back to to you ... I promise.

All of the schools and teachers will have their back to school nights.  Once again there is nothing I am going to learn in these meetings that I can't read.  From experience I have learned that some of the teachers will have power-point presentations accompanied by a handout which they will read  word for word.  Please just put it on the web.  

And for an added hook, in elementary school, they ask you to write a note to your child and put it in their desk.   One year we were simply unable to be in three places at once and had to skip that open house (we'd already had that teacher).   Talk about feeling guilty -- I should have had another mom put a note in my child's desk.  








1 comment:

Poolside with the Girls said...

I know...sometimes I think it's a power thing. I will have the same problem next year, can't be in the middle school and elem at the same time. If only we had a double.