Friday, May 1, 2009

Volunteering

I volunteer a few hours a week at my daughter's school bookstore.  She's in 7th grade now so the opportunities for helping in her class are gone.  This is a good chance to see her old friends and new ones.  She's been at this school since kindergarten and they had a large influx of new girls this year.  

A couple of weeks ago all the bookstore volunteers got an email with lots of potential questions and answers we might have.  You know, things like what to do if I have to got the bathroom, how to deal with a disgruntled customer and most importantly, how to figure the 10% discount that teachers receive.  Wow, they even said we could use a calculator if necessary.  There were lots of little helpful tidbits???

Am I wrong to be kind of insulted?  Have I signed up for the moron committee?    Is this an opportunity for this mom to build herself/resume up?  

1 comment:

Lisa said...

funny....yet not.