Friday, January 30, 2009

Butternut Squash

I got my butternut squash today for $2.21, so I am happy.  I just couldn't pay almost $6 for it earlier this week.   For $6 the whole family would have to love it!  I just roast it with a little brown sugar and it is yummy.

Two of our four sons (2 are stepsons) are very anxious for me to have a super bowl party.  If it wasn't a school night I would invite friends over.  Instead we are just having the family and maybe my children might have a friend or two.  I am going to make mini cheeseburgers and chicken wings and am trying to think of a few other fun foods.  Of course the two most anxious are big eaters.  My husband likes the salami at Trader Joes and they usually have a good selection of cheese so I should probably put a little tray together.  

Monday night I'm out so hopefully we will have leftovers.  I am going to the be the swim team parent rep this year and we are starting our planning already.  I have had someone swimming for the past 15 or so years so I guess it is my turn.  I don't mind the work I just don't like it when some of these parents get confrontational.  I've seen some of them in action and am steeling my reserves now.

What a rambly post!

No comments: