Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wardrobe

I think I need an entirely new wardrobe.  I'm working on the auction for my daughter's school and these women are unbelievably dressed.  They are in suits and sweater sets, lots of Yurman and pearls.  I wore a sweat suit today.  Yikes.  Of course a fair number of them seem to be pushing paper from one side of their desks to the other instead of really accomplishing anything.  I am curious to see how the economy impacts the auction.  They seem to be expecting lots of big bidders and I hope they are right.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our school auction is coming up too. Year before last, some of the live auction trips went for over $15000. Last year they stayed around $9000. I think this year is going to be a shocker. I think donations are down too. I hope it doesn't affect our tuition rate for next year!