Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Activities

I can't believe how close we are to Christmas.  I'm usually much further along with my shopping.  The last several years I've gotten all the children's individual shopping done way in advance and am usually just left tracking down a wii or other big item.  This year there doesn't seem like there is one big gift that all three will like.  My daughter is much easier to shop for than the boys.  

In addition to all of our usual activities we have Christmas music programs and winter band concerts to attend this next week.  I've also agreed to volunteer some extra shifts at my daughter's school bookstore and work their Christmas teacher luncheon.  I'm afraid I've overextended myself.   And I offered to have our dinner group come to our house for drinks and dessert after we go out next Saturday.  I also am organizing a night out for a group of Moms at a local wine bar.   None of them are a big deal individually but clumped together this time of  year is going to stress me out.  I just have to make sure I don't take it out on my family, because they will be moving at the same pace (slow) they do all year.

I'm hoping to get my Christmas picture done tomorrow.  We have a lovely pond behind our house and I think it would be a nice setting.  We tried this a couple of years ago but unfortunately the kids looked like they were being held hostage.  This year, they are going to look happy!!!

I'm heading out to go Christmas shopping this morning.  I'm on so many stores email list so I have lots of coupons and offers.  I just wish they would have the prices reduced in the stores so I wouldn't have to print the coupons and make sure I'm getting the right dates, etc.  I shouldn't complain but I feel guilty if I don't take advantage of some of the sales.   My daughter has some high end taste (for a 13 year old) so I guess the extra savings will go towards her gifts.


No comments: