Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Furniture

Maybe my expectations were too high.  I finally had my sofas recovered.  I searched high and low for the right fabric.  I wanted something  tasteful, traditional and not too bold since there were going to be two of them in the room.  Our great room looks over a pond, has high ceilings with beams and two sets of french doors so I wanted the couches to just blend in or compliment the room.  I was afraid that if I picked a bold print all you would see would be the print.  So I picked a dark red with a small goldish dot.  My plan is to get two new chairs to cover with a black background print.  Well the couches look orangey to me and I hate them ... hate hate hate. 

My advice to anyone recovering is to buy a yard of fabric, bring it home and see how it looks in various light.  The little swatch looked very red.  Now I think I will need to rethink the chair fabric.  

I shouldn't complain but I'm so disappointed.  And if this economy doesn't turn around it will be a long time before I am recovering again.  


No comments: