Friday, November 21, 2008

Shopping , Just Trying to Help

Although the bleak economic news has really been affecting my family I felt I needed to get out of the house to do some real shopping yesterday rather than my usual trips to Target.  I have several luncheons and daytime holiday activities coming up these next few weeks and wanted to update a few key pieces.   One of my outfits is a black and white checked wool skirt which hits just above the knee.  I have worn it with a black jacket, skirt or sometimes red.  Well I'm tired of that but like the skirt so as I was shopping I saw a cute boiled wool jacket at Coldwater Creek (I think boiled wool is making a comeback).  I have some older ones but this one was a bit longer and less structured.  It came in some cute colors and with a matching turtleneck would look good with the skirt or jeans.  However, the coupon in my purse was expired (I just got it this week).  All around me people were presenting downloaded coupons, magazine coupons and breaking up their orders to max their savings.  When it was my turned I showed the woman my coupon, explained it was already expired when I received it and she said "too bad for me".   Have these people not seen the news?  Well I wasn't going to be the only person paying full fare so I left the jacket and went to Nordstroms where I decided to update my look with a red purse instead.  It will be much more versatile and I'd had my eye on it for months.  So "too bad for Coldwater and yea for me".  However, it would have been cheaper to pay full price at Coldwater.

No comments: