Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Holiday

My son, visited an Engineering campus in our state (about 2 hours from home).  Saw it, liked it, applied, got accepted and sent in $$ and all the paperwork.  I know it's a good fit for him and he seemed happy while we visited.  But it's fall and the leaves are turning and I think it would be nice to take some trips to visit a few more universities.   We'd get to be in the car together for several hours, maybe have a nice lunch or dinner.  But no his mind is made up, he doesn't want to visit anywhere else.   Kind of the way he shops for clothes.

On the other hand, he is getting a costume together for tonight.  Shouldn't there be a few year break between sending in your college application and dressing up for Halloween?    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Believe me, I feel your pain. It's great that he will be 2 hours from home. My senior is in the midst of apps. He's going with architecture over engineering and pre-med. I think he will be happy and we told him he can always change his major if he needs to.
Mine is at Party City as I type putting the finishing touches on his costume. I'm sitting in a very quiet house just hoping the doorbell rings soon and some cuties are asking for candy!