Thursday, October 1, 2009

College Visit

Tomorrow morning we are off for our first college visit.  I can't believe how quickly this has come.  I don't think I've done a very good job of preparing my son for life without his mom.  I guess he'll figure out how to get clean clothes and we do have several months to work on that one.  He seems to be able to balance his checking account, order out, and cook a few things.  

I find myself giving him hugs whenever he is near.  He went to the homecoming dance last weekend and gave me a big hug and kiss as he was heading out the door.  He looked so handsome.  When he was little I always made sure he was dressed super cute so the pre-school teachers would give him a little extra positive attention.  He was always one to stir things up, do things his own way.  

I've made arrangements for his siblings for tomorrow.  One is off school and is staying with a friend.  The other has school and is going home with a friend and will have a sleep over.  I've packed football gear and extra clothes.  Today I went and picked up a couple of new shirts for college bound son to wear tomorrow.  

And where is college bound son.  Well, he is at a birthday party (one of his friend's moms just told me).  Don't you think he should COME HOME and get a good nights sleep before we head out.  IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT.

1 comment:

Kim said...

We did that on Monday. It was just a day trip. J3 doesn't have any other schools he wants to visit and he's a crappy student, so we're just hoping this one will take him!

Enjoy!