Monday, July 13, 2009

Such Fun!!!

Many years ago, when our oldest was a baby,  my husband and I got Sunday night season tickets to our local outdoor theater.  It started out as a 'date night' for us and we always enjoyed it.  We would go out for dinner and it the show was not great, we were too hot, or I was too pregnant, we would leave and go for dessert or mosey around a book store.  Some summers it seemed almost like a chore to go, it was so hot or we had trouble getting a sitter, but we had 3rd row aisle seats and were afraid to give them up.  And then it became easy to go, we had a built in sitter.

A few years ago my parents found out there were seats next to ours and got those two tickets (they found out from my husband).  That was the end of date night -- we were a foursome.  My parents are older now and only go to a very limited number of shows a year.  

Last night they chose not to go and I went with my three children!!  This probably sounds weird to those of you with small children, but it has been such a long time since I have gone anywhere fun with all my children.   There are no more group outings to the zoo, parks, botanical gardens or library.  We go to church and family parties and sometimes out to dinner.  

It was such fun watching them interact, amazingly they still did a bit of bickering.  My oldest (very tall and thin) likes to give health tips to his younger brother (not yet so tall and a bit chunky).  After a little bit of chiding and teasing each other they had a great time and I was so proud to be their mother.  It is amazing how fast they have grown up.

No comments: