Sunday, June 7, 2009

Also this summer

When I am not picking up after my cherubs this summer my husband and I will be perched on stools in the kitchen watching tv.  My daughter has taken over the sun room.  She settles herself on the couch with her laptop, straightener and cell phone and she is set for the day.  My boys and their friends have claimed the basement family room, even asking for some new cookie sheets so they can heat up pizzas and snacks down there.  (Here's a secret.  We have a walk-out lower level but I told the kids the alarm will go off if they go out after I go to bed.  It won't.  Now, that I'm typing this, I'm thinking these kids are too smart not to have figured it out.)  Another worry, we have a pond behind our house and I'm always afraid one of the boys will get cocky and jump in.

We have an old tv in our bedroom but I've gotten used to the resolution on the new flat screen ones.  We did watch Roman Holiday last night, and since it was in black and white it was ok.  

1 comment:

Barrett said...

I've told my kids the same thing! It has either worked or I have slept right through their sneaking out!

When we are old and grey, they'll probably fess up to a lot of things we won't want to hear.