Monday, January 26, 2009

Economy

Lots of bad news on the economy today.  Every time I walked past the tv CNN seemed to be reporting another company with massive layoffs.  On my way home from school with my carpool I cut through an apartment complex.  These are very nice apartments, rent is about $1000 for a 2 bedroom unit, lots of professionals live in the area because we have good schools (which my private school children may have to avail themselves of).  Anyway, at the curb in front of one of these apartments was an entire household.  Very nice furniture so it was not being thrown out.  I've never seen anyone be evicted but it looked like that to me.  We are expecting snow tonight and I wonder what will become of this families belongings.  

All this bad economic news seems to be picking up momentum.  I hope something turns around soon.  

No comments: