Thursday, December 17, 2009

Please no whining Claire

Yesterday I was listening to an AM news station and heard our Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill lamenting the fact that because of the ongoing health care debates she would not be able to be home until Christmas Eve at the earliest.  The newscaster introduced the sound bite with a comment about a tired sounding Senator McCaskill.  She did sound weary and I was surprised at her comment.  I like Senator McCaskill and she usually seems as though she truly cares about the issue she is discussing. 
She said her children would be disappointed and she wasn't going to get to her holiday baking.  I guess she's feeling a bit of the holiday stress.   And she has the added stress of being having to deal with life altering legislation.  More likely to impact my life than hers since as I understand it those in the legislative branch of government would continue with their current heathcare. Clearly health care issues need to be addressed, I have family members and friends who either do not have insurance or have to make difficult decisions based on their ability to get insurance.  Not to mention this high unemployment.
Claire is usually more measured in her rhetoric and I found her comment out of the norm.  When I worked I typically had to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.  I'm sure we all have loved ones working through the Christmas holidays.  Or loved ones who wish they were working anytime.
  
 

No comments: