Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ideas for massive amounts of food

My husband took our son to swim practice this morning so that "I can get a few things done" before the weekend.  Well, as you can see I am reading blogs and posting (although I have nothing special to say).  

My sons' friends were over again last night after he finished life guarding at 9pm.  (He is at a busy pool this summer and it has been eye-opening experience for him in terms of parenting styles.  Maybe I don't seem so bad now.)

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to fill teenage boys up?  I have encouraged them to eat here some of the time and they have finally figured out that they have to work an hour or more to buy a meal at Qdoba (their current favorite).  I made two big cookie sheets of nachos and my daughter had made a vanilla sheet cake with chocolate frosting.  I've also been slicing up watermelons which they devour.  I'm also encouraging them to drink .... drum roll please .... WATER.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We go thru mass amounts of food at our house. With two teenage boys plus no less than 2 extras every day and night I can't keep the fridge stocked. They will grill hot dogs, make pizzas and eat any and all cookies, cakes and chips I keep. One big hit is our panini maker. I've kept it out on the counter and always keep meats and cheeses. They will go thru an entire loaf of bread and a pound of meat and cheese daily if it's around.
I just wish I could eat half of what they do!

Snooty Primadona said...

I used to always buy everything @ Sam's Club. Hot Pockets, gallons of milk (I'd freeze two & use one), Chicken & Beef Taquitos, Egg Rolls, mini bagels pizzas, frozen pizzas, shaved smoked ham, shaved smoked turkey, thin sliced Swiss & cheddar cheese. I'd buy large flour tortillas, shredded cheddar, green chiles & a roasted chicken so they could make Quesadillas. Jumbo bags of chips, double bags of bread, the list goes on, lol. However, I never did desserts for fear that I eat them. Good Luck!