Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rising to the Occasion

With his Dad in the hospital my oldest son is getting a crash course in growing up. I always wondered how he would manage in college. He has been shuttling his siblings to activities, grocery shopping, and took himself to the doctor. He had to get a prescription for amoxacillin filled and it only cost $1. I had given him a credit card to handle his doctor visit. Can you believe he charged the prescription?? He said he doesn't use his money to pay for medicine, just like I don't use my money to pay for energy drinks.

3 comments:

Toad said...

You and your family are in our thoughts. Remember that while in that large teaching hospital, that you do not have to depend upon students for care. You can insist upon having "real" doctors and nurses for your husband. Even there.

Mags said...

That's hilarious about charging one dollar!!! Your husband is in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Gotta love the way kids hang on to their own money.
It's so nice to hear that your son is showing the signs of being a great adult. This would be because of you and your husband!