Thursday, February 18, 2010

More and More Tests

Saturday I took my husband to the hospital with stroke like symptoms. I took him to a hospital close to our home but he was transferred to the big teaching hospital a little further into the city. He didn't have a stroke but we are still here doing tests. This is a huge hospital, it is going 24 hours a day. He did one of the tests last night at 1 AM. All in all he has been receiving good care but I now know what they mean when they tell you to make sure you have a family member looking out for your welfare. When I asked to speak to a doctor before they were wheeling him off for a tests which was different than what we told he was receiving I was told we would lose our place in line for the machine. We opted for discussing with the doctor and we did lose our place in line. Last night as he was going down for his test he needed some medication which the nurse had to get. The tech, politely told her she only had 5 more minutes to wait and then she would have to leave. I wonder how many medical decisions are made based around these time constraints.

I have been reading lots of blogs while I sit in his room. I have books with me but it is too hard for me to concentrate for any length of time. So please keep up your wonderful posting, it has been a tremendous diversion.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! Sending healthy thoughts your way! xoxoxo

Mags said...

I hope your husband is feeling better!!!

Unknown said...

I hope things are looking better. Hospitals are so scary.
I'm thinking of you and your family.