Friday, February 12, 2010

12 Boxes/3 Gallons

My family has gone through 12 boxes of kleenex in the past three weeks and almost three gallons of orange juice!! Everyone has a long lingering cold. Last week I had to leave an auction meeting because I simply could not breathe. Ordinarily I am able to push through a cold, like all moms. My children have had multiple sick days and could probably have had a few more. They do seem to perk up on the weekends for mixers, tournaments and parties.

My husband, who is one of the few people left who still use a handkerchief, has been relatively healthy. I think he is also the only person who wears slippers he needs to put on with a shoehorn.

Have you ever seen the old movie Walk, Don't Run with Cary Grant and Jim Hutton? There's a scene where Cary Grant's character is in a hurry to get out of his room and sits on the side of the bed putting his slippers on before rushing out. That's my husband -- would never dream of going barefoot.


No comments: