Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sun ??

I don't believe we have caught more than a fleeting glimspe of the sun the last few weeks. It's really making me tired and unmotivated. We just had our master bath repainted and had the large, dated plate mirrors taken down. I can't bring myself to go look for new ones. I should have had the mirrors ready before the old ones were taken down but my children get their proscratination gene honestly. We're using our guest bath for putting on make-up and shaving. My husband says he is worried I am going to get mad for how messy he is when he shaves (water everywhere). Shreww??? It doesn't irritate me any more than the splashes in our bathroom.

My ideas for dinner have dried up. My husband doesn't grill in the cold and damp (and neither do I). I am so eager to sit on the deck with a glass of wine while he grills.

Even our dog is tired of the gloom. We have a Corgi and she never rises in the morning until we get her leash and bring it to her bed. She'll stay in bed until mid-morning when we have occasionally slept that late. But now, when I hook her leash on her in the morning to go out, she glares at me and slowly stretches. She normally runs up and down the stairs trying to get everyone ready for school (she's a herding breed). Yesterday she sat on the landing midway up and barked.

After they leave today I think we will lay down with a book. I picked up A Season In Purgatory by Dominick Dunne at the library yesterday, sounds like easy reading for a blah day.




2 comments:

Toad said...

Sounds like my week. Go for it.

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

Oh I am with you, let the sun shine in, I can't wait for porch weather, although I think we are due for snow this weekend. Maybe you should check out the Coastal Living magazine for this month and day dream a little. It helped me.