Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Well, my oldest is at college. Since he is in State the longest we have gone without seeing him is 4 weeks. I think what he misses the most is his big bed. Knock on wood, but he seems pretty happy with his school choice. The two times he has been home he has given me cooking suggestions from the cafeteria. He is living in the athletes dorm and apparently they have great food. Certainly a switch from when I was in school when everything seemed to be a pasta or soaked in sauce.

I enjoy reading everyone's blogs. Many of my surprising favorites are written by men and touch on fashion. My husband is older than I and from Boston. I believe in all the years we have been married (approaching 20) he has bought maybe 3 or 4 pairs of new shoes and continues to get his shoes resoled and refurbished. Last week he showed me new soles on a pair of his favorites. He has LLBean boots and jackets that must be 40 years old. I never quite 'got it' until I started reading blogs where men discuss the quality of a shoe intended to last a lifetime or the practicality of owning a field jacket for decades.









No comments: